Welcome to GeoWire!
GeoWire is an OpenSource web mapping tool that makes creating and sharing webmaps very easy.
Of course it's far from perfect or complete, but maybe it can serve as a starting point for one or another :) If anybody is interested in collaboration, please feel free to contact me: email@example.com
- 5-min installation for your first map! You only need a server running PHP/MySQL
- easy but very flexible
- drag and drop interface for managing your maps
- plain PHP, no extra PHP-Framework to learn!
- easy user management integrated
- "out of the box deploying of your maps", no SDK to download or install
- cached maps for faster loading
- minified code on the fly or readable code for debugging with one click
- define "global" or "private" layers/buttons for your map so you can manage hundreds of maps easily and make changes in one place
- multilevel layer tree (infinite complexity)
- based on other great OpenSource software components
See the DEMO or watch this video:
GeoWire is based on...
ProcessWire is a great content management framework that puts all the other stuff together in the right place. It is EXTREMELY flexible and most of the benefits of GeoWire are actually benefits of ProcessWire itself :)
View the overview video and the demo installation and the Small Project Walkthrough (Planets) for a quick introduction to ProcessWire.
Actually GeoWire was my first project with ProcessWire so don't be afraid! It's really easy to learn if you are familiar with PHP and you'll have a really steep learning curve! And if you need help just ask in their forum, there is a great community behind it!
GeoExt brings some geo-related functionalities to the UI of ExtJS like synchronising layers and their visibilities of the current map with the layer tree. proj4js is for transforming between projections that openlayers doesn't handle natively View the docs and examples of the new version 2, or maybe some of the docs of the old version 1 are also helpful: geoext.org
Let's get started...
- Download the latest release of GeoWire (actually it is a ProcessWire Site Profile packaged together with PW2.4)
- GeoWire0.1.zip (md5: 06455cd0ebfc6eb5a0d1a2818b6be046)
- go to your webfolder and start the installation routine
2) The Backend
3) How it works
Tricky Parts / Common Problems
- Caching - in case some changes don't appear as you think they should, alsways make sure you were logged in with development status set ON or you saved your page (map) and possibly also cleared the browser cache (i always use chromes incognito mode for that!). Have a look at your sourcecode to check if your changes appear in your app.js file